The History and Basics of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
A quick history and the basics of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). In this quick and free course, we will take a look at the evolution of federal job training programs and the basic components of WIOA.
Topics for this course
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Learn a quick history and the basics of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Introduction to the Course and Resources01:30
WIOA Background, History, and Basic Components44:46
WIOA – Test Your Knowledge
About the instructors
CEO, The Odenthal Group
Stan’s education and work experience has focused primarily on workforce development, public policy, and administrative law. He has a strong passion for public service and has held several high level and executive-level positions within state government. In these positions, he worked extensively in areas of state and federal law developing an ability to push through the government red tape and get things done. Stan is originally from northern Utah and has three children. He enjoys playing tennis, running, watching movies, and loves binge-watching tv shows on way too many streaming services.
- PREVIOUS EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP
- Executive Director, Nebraska Equal Opportunity Commission
- Director, Office of Employment and Training for the State of Nebraska
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, MA in Political Science (Areas of Concentration in Public Policy and American Government)
- Weber State University, BA in Political Science and History, minor in Spanish
- SOCIAL MEDIA/INTERNET