Today's Workforce Top 5 (December 10, 2019)
Hey, like this? Why not share?
Welcome to Today’s Top 5. This is the place where we highlight top workforce development activities around the country. Let’s get to it:
Updates for 12/10/19
- Texas: Texas Mutual Insurance has distributed $1.1 million in grants across the Texas to support efforts to bolster workforce development.
- Iowa and Illinois: Quad Cities Community Foundation recently announced two major grants ($100,000 each) to local nonprofit organizations to expand workforce development efforts.
- Minnesota: Jason Duininck has been added to the Minnesota Governor's Workforce Development Board. See the story here.
- West Virginia: Taylor County Schools is embracing an enhanced workforce development and career readiness focus for its students. Learn about this new program here.
- New Jersey: The National Association of Landscape Professionals is launching a new two-year Registered Apprenticeship to train its employees. See the announcement and more about the program here.