Today's Workforce Top 5 (December 13, 2019)
Hey, like this? Why not share?
Welcome to Today’s Top 5. This is the place where we highlight top workforce development activities around the country. Let’s get to it:
- Alabama: The WIOA out-of school youth program proves to be a big success with many youth program participants at the Dacatur Career Center. See the story in the Washington Times.
- Indiana: A look at how to increase employee engagement through providing better tools and workplace experiences to employees.
- Michigan: Michigan Liberation is reentry program finding success in helping former prisoners return to the workplace.See the Detroit Fox 2 story here.
- USA: The White House put out an analysis of how high child care costs are keeping some parents from rejoining the workforce.
- Michigan: The number of older workers in Michigan continues to grow as more workers are choosing to work later into life. This story from Crain’s Detroit Business takes a look at the challenges and opportunities associated with this change.