Today's Workforce Top 5 (December 4, 2019)
Hey, like this? Why not share?
Welcome to Today’s Top 5. This is the place where we highlight top workforce development activities around the country. Let’s get to it:
Updates for 12/4/19
- Indiana: The Indiana Manufacturing Association is teaming with Conexus Indiana to help create new initiatives to recruit more people into manufacturing careers. See the story here.
- Florida: Alachua County leaders are actively working to avoid any disruption in workforce program services to customers as the county deals with a potential change in the administrative entity of the local workforce area.
- Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia: Ten community colleges in a three state area have partnered together to promote energy jobs and advanced manufacturing in the region. The Tristate Energy and Advanced Manufacturing Consortium (TEAM) is hoping to build a pipeline of skilled workers to fill open jobs now and in the future
- Missouri: A new collaboration between Missouri Western State University and St. Joseph Missouri Job Center will lead to new mobile job center aimed at serving rural communities in northwest Missouri.
- Iowa: Future Ready Iowa awarded several new grants to employers and training providers to help build pre-apprenticeship programs in the state. See the story here.