Today's Workforce Top 5 (December 5, 2019)
Hey, like this? Why not share?
Welcome to Today’s Top 5. This is the place where we highlight top workforce development activities around the country. Let’s get to it:
Updates for 12/5/19
- Florida: Members and staff from the Sarasota Chamber of Commerce recently met with state and federal legislative leaders to advocate for the chamber’s 2020 legislative priorities.
- Missouri: State Fair Community College announced that it will open a new workforce development facility on campus. The school will receive $500,000 from a Community Development Block grant to help fund the facility.
- Virginia: A look at the what Virginia is doing to expand and incentive workforce training. See the analysis on AreaDevelopment.com.
- New Mexico: The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center has developed a number of programs to help ensure their students’ success. These programs have the dual goal of meeting the state’s rural workforce needs as well as growing New Mexico’s diverse health care workforce.
- Illinois, New York, Idaho, New Mexico, California, Washington D.C., Tennessee, Washington: A look at several stem-focused training programs developed by the U.S. Department of Energy across the country to help build a more computer literate and cyber-skilled workforce.