Today's Workforce Top 5 (November 25, 2019)
Hey, like this? Why not share?
Welcome to Today’s Top 5. This is the place where we highlight top workforce development activities around the country. Let’s get to it:
Updates for 11/25/19
- Connecticut: Yale President, Peter Salovey has been added to the Connecticut Governor’s Workforce Council. See the story on Yale’s website.
- Pennsylvania: A look at the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Workforce Development’s new strategy called “Fueling Philadelphia’s Talent Engine.” See the story of Technical.ly Philly’s website.
- Idaho: The College of Southern Idaho has received a grant of $1,114,424 by the Idaho Workforce Development Council to create accelerated pathways for individuals to become certified teachers.
- Puerto Rico: The Weekly Journal takes a look at the potential economic impacts Puerto Rico’s government is hoping to achieve over the next 10 years under new tax incentive programs (Acts 20 and 22). See the story here.
- Maryland: The Peabody Institute at Johns Hopkins is revamping its career services to students by transforming its office space and curriculum for students. See the story here.